- The Fishing Report
- Fuelwatch Prices
The Fishing Report
The Reel Fishing Spot with Jye Sheridan (20/04/18)
The Dawesville Cut:
• Herring, skippy, salmon trout, salmon, king george whiting, tailor.
• Best bait: prawn or squid fished on either a sinking rig for the whiting or skippy and a burley cage rig for the herring with sand worms, for the tailor a mulie under a float or unweighted depending on tidal flow and for the salmon best seems to be a live herring or mulie.
The Mandurah channel:
• Herring, salmon trout, salmon, yellow fin whiting, tarwhine and crabs
• Best baits: baby mulies for the tailor, bloodworm or squid for the whiting and coral prawns are another popular bait
Peel Inlet and Harvey Estuary:
• Tailor, herring, salmon trout, yellowfin whiting, crabs.
• Best methods to catch them: for the tailor a smiling jack trolled slowly or a mulie unweighted thrown after dark, and for the crabs either a scoop net or mullet in a drop net
• Tims Thicket and White Hills: tailor, salmon, occasional mulloway and snapper plus sand and yellowfin whiting, tarwhine and herring. The best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig.
• Halls Head to Singleton: tailor, salmon, mulloway, yellowfin whiting, skippy and herring. Best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig and for the smaller species sand worms.
Black bream: The Murray River continues to fish very well particularly downstream of the Ravenswood bridge and the canals around Mandurah town and the Murray River are also holding good numbers.
• Rainbow trout, Brown trout, Red fin perch
• Best methods to catch them: small diving minnows, spinners, soft plastics, gulp trout bait, dry and wet flies.
Western Rock Lobster:
• Five Fathom Bank and James Service still your best bet, get your pots hard up on the reef.
• Best bait: hoki heads, tuna heads and blue mackerel
For the boaties: Dhufish, snapper, baldchin groper, break sea cod, king george whiting, queen snapper, harlequin fish, sand whiting, southern blue fin tuna and skippy
• Best bait: squid, octopus, mulies plus plenty of burley for the skippy and snapper
Latest Gadget: zman slim swim 2.5”