The Fishing Report
The Reel Fishing Spot with Jye Sheridan (22/09/2017)
Important reminders: crabbing season is closed from the 1st of September in the peel and Harvey estuary and will reopen on the 1st of November.
The Dawesville Cut:
• Herring, skippy, king george whiting, few tailor off the estuary end
• Best bait: prawn or squid fished on either a sinking rig for the whiting or skippy and a burley cage rig for the herring, for the tailor a mulie under a float or unweighted depending on tidal flow
The Mandurah channel:
• Herring, salmon trout, yellow fin whiting, skippy, and tailor
• Best baits: baby mulies for the tailor, bloodworm or squid for the whiting and coral prawns are another popular bait
Peel Inlet and Harvey Estuary:
• tailor, herring, yellowfin whiting
• Best methods to catch them: for the tailor a smiling jack trolled slowly or a mulie unweighted thrown after dark.
• Tims Thicket and White Hills: odd salmon and a few tailor, occasional mulloway and snapper plus plenty of whiting and herring during the day. The best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig.
• Halls Head to Singleton: few salmon, tailor, odd mulloway and snapper, yellowfin whiting and herring. Best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig.
For the boaties: snapper, dhufish, baldchin groper, breaksea cod, king george whiting and skippy
• Best bait: squid, mullet, octopus and mulies plus plenty of burley for the skippy and inshore snapper
Latest Gadget: asari k5 trend